Great Wall

Great Wall

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Smog

For anyone out there who has been following the news, I'm sure you've heard that the smog in Beijing is nearly out of control. Over the past couple of weeks, Beijing's pollution levels have reached 40 times the limit recommended by the WHO.

P.S I think it's totally ironic that this guy is smoking

My grandparents also mentioned that a factory in Beijing burned for 3 hours without anyone noticing because the smoke blended in so much with the pollution. Not to fear though, because face masks are all the rage in China. And if they're not the rage, then they're definitely a necessity. So today, this kid got her 50 respirators in the mail. Yay health!


Now I'll totally blend in with everyone else in China, if only in the mouth area...

1 comment:

  1. As much as I laughed at that picture, I really do hope that you don't come home with black lungs.

    ReplyDelete